Monday, January 31, 2011

Off Topic: Some Cool Crosswalk Ads and a Birthday Twitter Quest

Today I got my first ever request for a blog post, sort of.  My advertising instructor was showing the class a list of crosswalk ads that I had sent him, and they asked if I could post them on my blog, so I did.  You're welcome, guys.  I'm just going to put a few of my favourites on here and a link to the rest.


Click here to see the rest, and other interesting stuff.

On a side-note, today is my birthday (slightly exciting, though not earth-shattering, we all have 'em) and I've gone on a Twitter quest to get celebrity birthday shout outs, just for fun, see what I can get.  My main goal for the day is to get a shout out from Gordon Ramsay.  So far I gotten a traditional "Happy Birthday!" from Frankie Muniz and a not-so-traditional "Have some balls on your B day bitch" from Danny DeVito.  I'll let you guys know if anything else comes up.  To keep with Behind the Blog tradition, here's a video that connects this off-topic post to music somehow.  Danny DeVito as Frank Reynolds, on my favourite TV show, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, playing the drums.  For some reason his line at the end is in Spanish, just roll with it.  If you haven't seen It's Always Sunny, you probably should.




UPDATE (4:55 pm, Jan 31)
My celebrity birthday tweet goal has been reached.  At 4:52 pm, central time, I received the following message from the one and only Gordon Ramsay.
"Damn happy happy birthday x"
I would like to thank Mr. Ramsay for helping me achieve my goal, and proving that being annoyingly persistent pays off.

UPDATE (5:13 pm, Jan 31)
Comedian Baron Vaughn is the latest to add to my collection of celebrity birthday tweets, with a classic pun, "You panderer! Happy Bidet."

UPDATE (2:21 pm, Feb 1)
This one has a bit of a story to it.  I had tweeted Baron Vaughn at the same time as Daily Show writer/comedian Rory Albanese, Rob Riggle and ex-Daily Show-turned-Conan writer Rob Kutner, asking them to find funny ways of saying happy birthday (hence the "panderer" comment from Vaughn).  This morning, Albanese sent a tweet to  Riggle, Kutner and Vaughn saying "Holy crap! We missed @ Birthday! Let's all meet at our secret location and plan something."  To which Kutner replied, "Umm, hello? I've been sitting inside this cake in a thing for 48 hours now?"  So if you'll excuse me, I have to go cut a comedian out of a cake.

1 comment:

  1. haha wow shout outs from DeVito and Ramsay. Good on ya. Happy birthday, prick.

    ReplyDelete