Thursday, January 27, 2011

Behind the Beat "Drug Songs"




This week's theme actually has a bit of a back story, it's not just two dumb burn outs giggling because Paul McCartney wrote a song about pot.  A couple weeks ago my advertising class wrote parody ads and presented them in class.  There was some really funny stuff, but the one that everyone really liked was Matt's parody of a BlackBerry ad, where the guy is using the phone to deal drugs and beat people who owed him money.  The ad that Chadd and I made (yeah, we actually filmed it, you can watch below) has a scene of us sitting around a hookah, which got a few laughs.  After class Matt looked at me and said "People like stuff with drugs, I guess."  And that got me thinking, "yeah...people DO like stuff with drugs.  We should do a drug song show."  So we did.

PLAY LIST
Queens of the Stone Age - Feel Good Hit of the Summer
Alice in Chains - No Excuses
Blind Melon - The Pusher
River City Hum - Oceans
The Beatles - Got To Get You Into My Life
Rolling Stones featuring Buddy Guy - Champagne and Reefer
Hilltop Hoods - What a Great Night
Incubus - Deep Inside
Butterfingers - Beats by the Pound
John Butler Trio - Used to Get High

Tune in next Wednesday at 8 pm for "White Out: A Jack White Special".

1 comment:

  1. I figured your love of funk would have been reason enough to include Pusherman by Curtis Mayfield, Jaremy. And what about Waiting on My Man by the Velvet Underground? I do like the fact that the Beatles song use chose was not one of the obvious ones, but still....

    ReplyDelete