Monday, January 24, 2011

Impending DOOOOOOM! Or just a few changes.

Heads up, internet people, there's gonna be some changes coming to Jaremy on Music starting this Wednesday.  First of all, you will notice a quick and abrupt name change.  Out with Jaremy on Music, in with Behind the Blog.  In fact, it may already be titled Behind the Blog by the time you read this!  I will continue to write about bands that I like at random intervals, but I will also have a regular feature on Wednesdays (see below for details).  There may also be some design changes, so watch out!

I've taken the liberty of answering all your questions about this.

Why Behind the Blog?  

No, it's not a behind the scenes look at blogs, because that would be boring.  In reality, I'm going to merge my blog with my radio show, which is called Behind the Beat.  And by merge I mean use my blog to shamelessly promote my radio show (which isn't actually mine, I co-host it with my good friend Alex White, from Funk Stylin').

What is Behind the Beat?

Every Wednesday at 8 pm, Al and I are given an hour to play music, chat, and generally make asses of ourselves on 92.9 Kick FM here in Winnipeg.  We typically have some sort of theme each week, and usually split the music duties 50/50.  Sometimes we talk about the music, sometimes we talk about random crap, and sometimes we have guests.  Every Wednesday night after our show is done, I'll post the video of the show, the play list, and our plan for the next show.

Now, I can already hear you guys out there being all "but I don't have a working radio" or "my radio works, but can't pick up Kick".  Never fear, we have you covered.  You can watch us online (eye-appealing video and all), both live and our past shows, by clicking here.  Or, as I mentioned earlier, I will be posting the video on this here blog website after every show.  That means no excuses, you have to watch it.  Otherwise we're not friends.

"But Jaremy, I'm afraid of change!"

First off, not really a question, more of a statement, but thanks for your concern.

Secondly, of course you are, you're human! So, for your sake, I'm gonna make up a sample of one of these new posts that are gonna popping up on Wednesday, using last weeks show, so just keep your eyes open, it'll be up later tonight.

And of course, even though this blog is technically an assignment for school, therefore officially "for Kenton", I'm writing this for you, the reader.  If you don't like the changes (for whatever nitpicky detail people tend to come up with these days) just let me know, maybe we can work it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment