Thursday, January 27, 2011

Is This Music? Vol. 1

Now, I tend to be pretty open when it comes to different styles of music.  Sure there's some that I don't like, but whatever, if someone else likes it, that's fine.  It's their opinion, and even though it's wrong, they're entitled to it.  (note to angry people: that was a joke, chill)  But every now and then some stuff comes along that I just don't get, and sometimes I ask myself "do other people actually like this?"  Well, in this new semi-regular segment on Behind the Blog, I am posing a question to my readers.  I'll post a video or two of the band in question, and your job is to leave a comment and let me know if you think it's music or not.  Sometimes you gotta click on the word comment at the bottom of this post to get to the form.  So here we go, the inaugural edition of Is This Music?

I saw a show listing for the Albert with a dude called Merzbow headlining.  For some reason I found the name intruiging and looked it up on YouTube.  This is what I found...







My verdict: Sorry Merzbow and all your fans, but no.  This is not music.

Check back soon for another edition of Is This Music?

2 comments:

  1. I've always been intrigued by this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4%E2%80%B233%E2%80%B3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more convinced by this stuff than the John Cage piece. Both annoy the Hell out of me, though.

    ReplyDelete