Thursday, February 3, 2011

Behind the Beat "White Out!"

 
just ignore the ad at the beginning and hit the red arrow, then the green arrow

So we had some technical difficulties on the show tonight, but the biggest problem was our ustream.  The feed kept cutting out briefly, which caused the recording to stop randomly.  This is why there is some parts with the video missing, and I added in the songs that got parts cut out.  After the first song we talk about it screwing up, but I fixed that for this video, so ignore that part.  Also the last song didn't work out live, so I just added the video at the end

Tonight we finally did our White Out on Behind the Beat, a show where every song we play has Jack White in it, which we have been talking about doing since we started the show.  We decided last week that we were going to do this tonight, so it was just sort of a coincidence that The White Stripes announced that they were officially done this morning.  I'm surprised we didn't talk about that more...

Being a huge fan of White, I have heard just about every song he has ever written.  But what I haven't heard are a lot of his collaborations he does, so preparing this show was a lot of fun for me, since I got to hear a bunch of stuff I had never heard before.  It was tough to choose which songs to play in a one hour show.  So tough, in fact, we ended up going past the hour, but not as long as we had expected.  The last song we wanted to play was one we were doing off of YouTube, and it decided to be an asshole and make us look stupid.

PLAY LIST
The Upholsterers - Pain (Gimme Sympathy)
The White Stripes - The Union Forever
Jack White - I Fought Piranhas
The Raconteurs - You Don't Understand Me
Jack White & Conan O'Brien - 20 Flight Rock
Loretta Lynn feat. Jack White - Portland, Oregon
The White Stripes - Hotel Yorba
The Raconteurs - Together
The Rolling Stones feat. Jack White - Loving Cup
The Dead Weather - I Cut Like A Buffalo
Wanda Jackson feat. Jack White - Thunder on the Mountain
The White Stripes - White Moon



Tune in next Wednesday at 8 pm for our "Before They Were Famous" show.

No comments:

Post a Comment