Saturday, October 2, 2010

Videos You Gotta See

I've been wanting to post a couple videos of covers for a while now but haven't found a good time.  Well, after seeing the video of David Lee Roth from Van Halen (a guilty pleasure of mine, I'll admit) playing a bluegrass version of Jump on Leno, I decided it was time to post some of these videos together, completely out of context and just for fun.  Enjoy!

To start, bluegrass Van Halen, as mentioned above.  I love when he tries to point out the guy playing the solo but can't figure out which guy he should be pointing at. I can't decide if this is awesome in a terrible way, or just plain terrible.  Let me know what you think.

 You've probably seen it, but the Muppets do an awesome version of Bohemian Rhapsody.

This next one is cool for me because I was actually there. I'm pretty impressed with the quality this guy got from so close. Ben Harper & Relentless7 doing Under Pressure by Queen/Bowie at Bonnaroo 2009.

And speaking of Ben Harper, click here to see a video of him on Conan O'Brien's last episode as host of The Tonight Show. Not only is Ben Harper there, Will Ferrell sings, Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top is there, Conan rocks the guitar, and just for the sake of being weird, Beck is there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment