Sunday, October 3, 2010

"Like This..."


Tonight I had the amazing opportunity to stand front row at the Garrick Centre to see The Robert Cray Band.  Cray is someone who I have always known of, mostly as someone who has played with many blues greats in the past, but never seen or been overly familiar with.  When I heard he was coming to town and tickets were a mere 45 bucks I jumped on it.  Boy am I happy that I did.  My long time guitar playin' buddy and I were right up front (he took the picture above with his BlackBerry) and Cray delivered.  Everything from his dreaded bass player's bare feet (complete with painted silver toenails) to the rubber chicken hanging from one of the cymbal stands was perfect.  Talk about dynamic, this guy would go from wailing loud enough to make ears bleed to a barely audible whisper, both vocally and on guitar.  But just as a note to all concert goers, when someone is playing quietly that doesn't mean start yelling stupid shit like "IN THE GROOVE!" or "NICE!" or "SWEET!" or "THIS IS AWESOME!" or "WE LOVE YOU!".  The man is preforming, he doesn't need your drunk ass yelling at him.  Just drink your beer and shut up.  
Sorry for that last little rant, but it really pisses me off when people are stupid like that at concerts, especially during quiet parts.  Don't get me started on the drunken frat boy morons at Neil Young...

No comments:

Post a Comment