Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's About to Get Odd in Winnipeg

The Oddity Faire rolls into the Walker Theatre (okay, the Burton Cummings Theatre, but I really hate calling it that) tonight, featuring one of the oddest bands in the land, Primus.  It also includes opening acts Portugal. The Man and Split Lip Rayfield, neither of whom I have heard.  I usually steer away from bands with punctuation in their name (don't ask why, just a weird bias that I have) but I have been told P.TM is good, so I will look past that period and give them a shot.

I'm pretty much just writing this because I'm super excited for the show.  I have had two chances to see Primus's bassist/frontman, Les Claypool, but both times something arose, and I ended up seeing a combined total of about 15 minutes of those shows.  Disappointing, to say the least.  I can't wait to sit back in a theatre and watch these guys, and not have to worry about leaving to see other shows (love festivals, but there is that factor), or being too drunk (ya, I'll admit it, I missed one of the Claypool shows because I had a few too many rye 'n' cokes before hand).

If you have a ticket for this show, see you there.  If not, that sucks for you.  Unless you don't care.  In that case it doesn't suck for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment