Friday, March 18, 2011

Behind the Beat Gets Colourful


It would appear that I'm getting lazy with these posts, but really I'm just busy and haven't had time to post anything.  I have two major projects wrapping up next week, so then I'll have some time to write about some wicked bands.  For now, I'll just do this late post of Wednesday's show.

We had a humdinger of a show this week, with TWO WHOLE GUESTS!  Our good and often mentioned pal Sirissa and her buddy Sam joined us.  I can't spell Sirissa's last name, and I don't know Sam's, so they only get first names on here.  The video for this week is pretty awesome, because Al is in the other room, so you get ALL ME!  There was a downside to this arrangement, however.  Al was totally stunned to be in a room with just himself and two women, but he persevered and the show was a bunch of fun.  Also, my pal Dave Hollier was helping out with the phones a bit (strangely enough, we actually get callers sometimes!)  You may see his arm once or twice in the video.  Don't panic.

Our theme for this show was colours, so every band or song title had to have a colour in it somewhere.  For some reason, most of them turned out to be black.  Which, as any asshole will tell you, isn't technically a colour.

I apologize for having part of the intro cut off, but I didn't click record on Ustream in time.  Also, Al said the wrong band name for the first band, it's Supergroove.

PLAY LIST
Supergroove - Your White Shirt
Electric Six - When I Get To The Green Building
Gordon Lightfoot - Black Day In July
Easy Star All-Stars - Any Colour You Like
Why - Red
Red Fang - Wires
Galactic - The Green Minute
Blitzen Trapper - Black River Killer
Blue Scholars - Blue School
The Black Keys - Black Door

Tune in next week when our good buddy Chuka Ejeckam will be joining us in studio.  Do I really need to tell you where and when?  Yes?  Okay, 8 p.m. on Wednesday.  92.9 KICK-FM or click here to visit our show page on Ustream.

No comments:

Post a Comment